No time today for a long or in-depth post – my mom is coming for a long-awaited visit! With that in mind, I didn’t want to leave the blog completely empty for the day, so here are eight things you can do today if you want to brighten the world you’re in a little bit or change your own mindset.
- Text, email, or mail an uplifting, meaningful and specific Scripture (no vague “Jesus loves you!”s) to a fellow believer who needs to hear it.
- Don’t wait until you clean out the closet or the pantry. Go grab a few things today that you’ve been meaning to donate and get them donated.
- Send a nice note to a person who was grumpy/made you mad/said something nasty this week. Please be aware: this is not a passive-aggressive nice note (i.e., “I just wanted to send you a cheer-up note because it was clear you are not having a good week!”) but a genuinely nice, caring note.
- Thank someone meaningfully. Not a rushed “thanks” while you run off with your latte, but a “hey–thanks for being so focused on the order. I hope your day’s great today” kind of thanks.
- Start that thing you’ve been putting off. Even if you only start it for five minutes.
- Do your Bible study or prayer time, if you haven’t already. Right now. If you’ve got time to read this blog, you have the time to do it.
- Thank God for an interruption or an inconvenience.
- Reread a chapter of a favorite book.
Have a great weekend.